Sunday, April 19, 2009
Chi-Town
Hey friends!
I'm not in Chicago, but I was a month ago, and I wish I was right now! Ann Arbor is great, don't get me wrong, but I am looking to a week full of paper deadlines and finals and I am not looking forward to it! Instead of writing my papers I of course decided reminiscing about Chicago would be a way better thing to do :) .
Plus, while trying to figure out how my web cam worked on this computer....I found out that Picasa has some new AWESOME features, such as making really cool collages (see above pictures!) and a movie maker! I am so so excited, but I will avoid exploring the features any farther until vacation hits.
Back to Chicago - Grace, Kelly and I went to visit Emma. I was so so excited I was finally making it after a year of promises! It was such a great weekend. All four of us though everyone else wanted to be active but we all wanted to just relax, and then we figured out - that is exactly what every other person wanted to do! Yay! Relaxing weekend in Chicago here we come! Who says you have to be running around a city when visiting. Ashley's travel rule #1: When visiting friends, it is entirely OK to not see a thing in the city! You're there to visit friends after all. Why not have a long weekend on the couch?!
Travel Rule #2: When road tripping to your destination, why not stop at every McDonald's along the way? You're driving after all. And who doesn't want to see a bunch of random cities in Michigan. Indiana and Illinois on the way to Chicago? OK, we didn't actually stop at every McDonald's, but three stops in four hours must be some kind of record?
We finally arrive and what does Emma have - wine and cheese(AKA heaven)!!! O, and the cutest apartment ever! After hanging out a bit and finishing I don't know how much wine and cheese we went to a super cute restaurant with a very flirty bar tender and futuristic swings (see picture collage). No clue what it was called anymore, but we had a great time of course :) . Stop on the rooftop terrass afterwards. Very cool.
Saturday - Bagels and coffee + lots of rain = hanging out at home. Wonderful! Pizza and gossip for lunch, tea and gossip for dessert, wine+cheese+grapes and gossip for....a mid afternoon snack = perfect girls weekend. We did decide to hit the town after and ended up going to....another place that was lovely but of which I forgot the name....wow, remembering details does not seem to be my forte. Anyways, champagne bar first, then a tapas bar. So big city, loved it!
On Sunday we went to Emma's favorite brunch place and then we were off to Ann Arbor again.
One of my favorite weekends this semester for sure! Thanks for having us Emma! Be prepared, I'm coming over again soon :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment