For the Love of Travel

'I have not been everywhere yet, but it is on my list'

I LOVE traveling and travel every chance I get. I started making a 'wishlist' of places I wanted to visit a while back, but once I had more than a quarter of the countries in the world listed I gave up. I suppose I would just like to see the world.

I created this blog to remember my journeys, keep family and friends updated on my adventures (since I am very bad at keeping in touch when traveling and prefer to not have internet or a phone at all), and it makes it easier to share pictures. The blog is by no means all-encompassing, because I do not plan on writing about past travels and I am not good at updating blogs, but owh well, an update will come when it comes :) .

Enjoy!

p.s. The Pedagogy of Action South Africa trips have their very own blogs:

http://pedagogysouthafrica08.blogspot.com/
http://pedagogysouthafrica07.blogspot.com/



Sunday, August 23, 2009

Possession by A.S.Byatt

"What is it? My dear? "
"Ah, how can we bear it?"
"Bear what?"
"This. For so short a time. How can we sleep this time away?"
"We can be quiet together, and pretend - since it is only the beginning - that we have all the time in the world"
"And every day we shall have less. And then none."
"Would you rather, therefore, have had nothing at all?"
"No. This is where I have always been coming to. Since my time began. And when I go away from here, this will be the mid-point, to which everything ran, before, and from which everything will run. But now, my love, we are here, we are now, and those other times are running elsewhere."

1 comment:

Ashley said...

Read this poem in 'The Time Traveler's Wife' and loved it. Not really related to travel, but wanted to share.